UK actor Shaun Williamson will be the host of the upcoming 2019 Plastic Industry Awards, to be held 27 Sept at the London Hilton on Park Lane.
Williamson is best-known for his role as Barry Evans on the very popular BBC soap opera Eastenders. He played the role over 600 episodes, between 1994 and 2004.
Following Eastenders, Williamson worked with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant on Extras, Life’s Too Short, and the movie The Invention of Lying.
In addition, he had his own children’s series, Scoop, which ran between 2009 and 2011.
He has also made a series of guest TV appearances, on shows such as Mastermind, Celebrity Eggheads, The Chase, and Celebrity Pointless.
The 19th annual Plastics Industry Awards will honour achievements in categories of:
• Apprentice or trainee of the year
• Best business initiative of the year
• Best environmental or energy efficiency initiative of the year
• Best recycled plastic product of the year
• Best technology application of the year
• Best training & development programme of the year
• Consumer product design of the year
• Industrial product design of the year
• Materials innovation award
• Processor of the year
• Supplier partnership awards for – ancillary machinery, prime machinery and toolmaker
• Unsung hero
• Young designer of the year
For more information on the award and finalists, please click here.