Entries have opened for the 2019 Plastics Industry Awards (PIA), which will be held at the London Hilton on Park Lane, 27 Sept, the organisers have announced.
Companies and individuals including product designers, OEM manufacturers, suppliers, plastics processors, consultants, apprentices and trainees from across the plastics sector in the UK and Republic of Ireland are encouraged to enter in 15 different award categories, said Crain Communications 21 March.
The deadline for online entry at is Friday 31 May.
“Now in their 19th year, the Plastics Industry Awards recognise the many diverse ways in which plastics product design, manufacture and recycling contribute to successful and sustainable innovation in everything from medical devices to lightweight automotive components,” said Matt Barber, sales and events director.
The awards categories are:
• Apprentice or trainee of the year
• Best business initiative of the year
• Best environmental or energy efficiency initiative of the year
• Best recycled plastic product of the year
• Best technology application of the year
• Best training & development programme of the year
• Consumer product design of the year
• Industrial product design of the year
• Materials innovation award
• Processor of the year
• Supplier partnership awards for – ancillary machinery, prime machinery and toolmaker
• Unsung hero
• Young designer of the year
For more information, please click here.