logo

Nordson completes construction new global pelletizer hub

14 March 2019

Nordson has completed the construction of its new facility in Münster, where it has established a ‘European centre of excellence for polymer processing solutions ‘, as Nordson executive vice president John J. Keane phrased it at the ribbon-cutting ceremony on March 12. 
Located at a site that has been the longstanding home of BKG pelletizers, the new 14,380 sq.m facility will serve as a global hub for the company’s BKG pelletizers and melt delivery components. With the completion of the project, the company has more than tripled the amount of manufacturing, R&D, and office space at the location and combines operations that previously were spread across four separate sites in the Münster area. 
“For the first time, all of our Münster-area BKG activities are co-located, enabling us to reconfigure our operations to serve our customers more efficiently,” said Keane.  
Under the BKG brand, Nordson’s PPS business manufactures pelletizing systems and melt delivery components such as screen changers and melt pumps. PPS brands produced at other sites in Europe, the Americas, and Asia include EDI polymer extrusion and fluid coating dies and Xaloy screws and barrels for extrusion and injection moulding.
The Nordson investment in the Münster facility builds on a legacy that dates back to 1953, when the firm originally founded by Jan-Udo Kreyenborg built the first Kreyenborg screen changer. Nordson purchased the melt delivery and pelletizer businesses from Kreyenborg in 2013. The newly expanded Münster facility employs 339.