Covestro has joined forces with an international group of companies to establish the Composite Application Center (CAC) in Singapore.
At the Germany-Singapore Business Forum at Hanover Fair on 24 April, the group of currently ten companies and two research entities signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the launch of the CAC.
Spearheaded by Composite Cluster Singapore, the group aims to deliver industry and application-focused services to specific regional and global markets.
“With this initiative we are responding to the request of the composites industry to bring together partners of all stages of the composites value chain,” said Florian Doetzer, managing director of Composite Cluster Singapore.
Through this integrated approach, the Composite Application Center will be able to develop end-to-end solutions.
Signatories to the MoU include suppliers of materials, software, equipment and process technologies, as well as manufacturing companies.
CAC will officially start its operation on 1 May and will ramp-up activities and capabilities throughout the year.
The new centre will provide a platform focusing on customer trials, prototyping, pilot manufacturing, training and support services.
Product companies can leverage on CAC's combined expertise and facilities to reduce initial investments and risk for composite related product design and manufacturing.
The CAC launch partners are:
- Admiralty International Pte Ltd - Composite Manufacturing
- Cevotec GmbH - Advanced Fiber Layup Equipment & Software
- Composite Cluster Singapore Pte Ltd - Composite Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions
- Covestro AG - Materials
- Filacon Systems by Tajima GmbH - Advanced Preforming Equipment
- Fraunhofer IGCV - Applied R&D
- Hufschmied Zerspanungssysteme GmbH - Machining Tools
- iNDTact GmbH - Sensor Systems & Data Analytics
- Plasmatreat GmbH - Plasma Equipment
- Sakura Tech (S) Pte Ltd - Plastics Manufacturing & Tooling
- Singapore Polytechnic's School of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering - Education & Research
- Stratagem Innovation Singapore Pte Ltd - Composite Repair, Inspection and Training